Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Dog's Life

Ever look out the window of your house into your back yard only to to see your furry friend stretched out on the grass, soaking in the afternoon sun? Those are the moments I envy my dog's life. She doesn't have a care in the world...other than hunting the shadows of butterflies. Yep. Tail out straight, ears up, and eyes focused waiting to pounce on the next unsuspecting shadow. I can say with 100% accuracy that she has never caught a one. Can you understand the envy of such a simplistic existence?

Needless to say, life has been busy and overwhelming lately. I could go into great detail and explain the complexities of my struggles, but then you would probably be thinking, as I would if had to read a diatrib of self-pity, "Join the club. We all have problems." So, to spare you the time of replying with some wity criticism concerning my whining, I'm going to reflect on todays sermon from church.

The pastor put it all in perspective today. In fact, I'm going to download his message onto my iPod and listen to it everyday. What was his message, you ask? Well, God is in control and this world is not the end. We were created to be immortal. We will live out eternity in either Heaven or Hell. Such a simple message, but profound. My eternity is secure in God's hands. I don't need to fret about trials and stresses of this life.I need to focus on Him and living for Him. He will take care of the rest.

I don't need to envy my little shadow hunter. I need to trust in the Lord and keep eternity in mind.

3 comments:

  1. This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post. Also, I've shared your website
    in my social networks!

    my web site :: book of raw kostenlos spielen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is among the most important information for me.
    And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

    my webpage :: book of ra app iphone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! This post could not be written any
    better! Looking at this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He always kept talking about this. I most certainly will send this information to him.
    Fairly certain he'll have a great read. Thank you for sharing!

    my site; download gaming pc

    ReplyDelete