Saturday, March 26, 2011

Love

I follow this blog titled "Teaching Paperless." The other day I reiceived and email from this blog with the following challenge:

You have been put in charge of creating a brand new education system. Whatever you decide will be done. You are the monarch. You have unlimited resources and everyone is mandated to do your bidding (and they love you and think you are a genius).

And they are waiting to hear your concept.

One caveat: This being the 21st century, you have to explain your entire concept in 21 words or less.


Hmmm... I wonder how people responded? I thought. So, I went and checked it out. I mean, wouldn't you? There were all kinds of posts, some very intellectual, some not, and others very humorous. I enjoyed reading them all.

WELL, this morning I had another email from this blog site. This time it was the author of the blog making his 21 words or less statement. Actually, he said it in one word...love.

Here is a quote from his site:
Let that be the foundation and you'll see humility.   Start with humility and you'll see authenticity.  Let those be your guide and you'll have paradox.  Real paradox.  Start with paradox and you just might have something that's sustainable.


This got me to thinking about 1 Corithians 13:1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

He so right. It starts with love. Not just any love, mind you, but God's love.

Here's a challenge: Read 1 Corithians 13, the entire chapter, and ask the Lord to show you His love so that you can love others like He does. I don't want to be a clanging cymbal or a loud gong.

Life isn't about how far you climb up that ladder, the possessions you own, or knowing the "right" people. It's about love, Christ's love.

1 John 4:19 We love, because He first loved us.

Joey, I loved you and will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment